Monday, October 15, 2012

Love

Warning; this post mixes an issue with photography.

Well, since this is a photo "blog" I figured I'd write about a subject along with the photos for today. Honestly, I don't know where to start! Deep breathe & think...

Breastfeeding (feel free to skip the reading if you aren't interested)

Breastfeeding is a normal and natural part of life. Like so many woman I started it thinking, "oh this is going to be so easy since it's natural." Wrong! It is not that easy, at least it wasn't for me. In the beginning, I didn't feel a special bond with my son while doing it either like all the books said. Truthfully, the first 6 weeks I felt like a cow since I breastfed my son on demand. Since he was 9lbs 11oz at birth, believe me, he nursed A LOT. There were times I wanted to give up, but I knew it was beneficial to him and I kept thinking of the cost of formula. I am super-cheap, so I didn't stop.
We’re still going strong, almost 17 months later. No, I am not a bra-less hippie that doesn’t shave. I’m a regular mom.  It is "normal" to breastfeed for the first 6-12 months, but after that in our society it's almost looked down upon if you nurse after a year. People stare, make comments, think gross things or even say gross things about it. Breastfeeding is more than just nourishment, it's bonding, comfort, a boo-boo fixer. It's LOVE. This is why I couldn’t just stop breastfeeding once he hit a year old. When will I stop? I am not sure.






at 8 months old

**the last photo was taken with the canon powershot I started out with.



 Benefits of extended breastfeeding

2 comments:

  1. I never saw this post before, but I like it! A lot! I agree with you completely, but unfortunately don't have a husband who agrees with breastfeeding past a year so have only been able to get by with 14 mo and 15 mo on the first two kids. I also LOVED your photos... inspires me to want to get a few while nursing Connor. You did it so tastefully. All I have of me breastfeeding are inappropriate ones that the kids snapped of me, lol. Seeing your very classy ones make me realize how sad it would be not to have something to capture that memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I wish I had some of when he was a newborn. I will definately get some of the next one.

      Delete