Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cherry Blossoms

Perfect temperature today to head to downtown D.C. to check out the cherry blossoms before the festival starts this week. I'd much rather go before the festival starts so at least we can walk around the tidal basin without bumping into a bunch of people. The blossoms are out and almost at their peak, much earlier than predicted. I think today may have been the perfect day to go.
 I am still not sure as to what setting to use my camera on while outside. Today I mostly used the foliage setting and I am disappointed in the shots that are not closeups. The sun was very bright so I was torn as to which setting to use since I was photographing trees.  I'm pleased with only a few.





2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I really like the one of the Washington Monument that is 'framed' by the blossoms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! My favorite one is the close up of the blossoms with the background a bit blurry.

    ReplyDelete