Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Me.

One of my goals for 2014 for this blog was to post more about myself so my readers know who I am. I come across other photo blogs where the author shares a ton about their life, experiences, etc. I haven't done this very much. So, as I approach my 33rd birthday I thought I'd post some self-portraits and share things about who I am.
I am a pretty closed person so that is part of the reason I don't post much about who I am. Most of my friends I have had for years. Anyone getting to know me may find I can be closed, afraid, or push people away. I've probably missed out on some good friendships because of this.
I've been shy all my life, which I believe has been a very negative label that has shaped me into who I am today.  Being a  less shy is something I've been working on for years. I feel I am getting  better at it but I still have further to go.  I have finally come to the realization that being "shy" or introverted isn't a bad thing, but our society makes it out to be. Knowing this helps a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment