Friday, February 14, 2014

Everyone has a Story

 “It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living, I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.”
–The Invitation by Oriah

I came across this article months ago and I fell in love with it. I suggest reading the entire thing if you have time.  To sum it up, people are often defined by what they “DO” not who they are.  
I enjoyed it because being a more introverted person I/ we tend to hate “small talk” or the safe boring things. I’ve said before I don’t care for the question “how are you”. Does the person really care how I am doing? If I answered truthfully what would they do? Most times they probably wouldn’t even notice because they expect the answer, good or fine.  So, to me sometimes the question is stupid.
 What if people went around asking this question instead?
What is your story?
§  Where were you born?
I was born in Ft. Hood, Texas. My dad was in the army at the time.
§  Where do you live now?
Eau Claire, Wisconsin in our own house for the first time
§  What makes you smile?
My son. Traveling.
§  What is the most important life lesson you’ve learned so far?
Everyone has some sort of insecurity, fear or thing to improve in their life.
Most people do not even realize or notice the thing that you consider your flaws or downfalls.
§  What is your deepest fear?
Coming to the end of my life and realizing I was never truly ever happy.
§  What is your greatest dream for your life?
To travel around the world, to every place my heart desires.
§  Who are you?
I hate this question.  At times I do not know who I am, other times I don’t like who I am.
Trying as best as I can to sum up who I am I would go with the obvious and say I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend etc. But that is safe. Being brave and defining myself, I would say I am an ordinary girl that always wants more but is afraid to reach for things, push myself and truly grow. I get bored with things, yet very little changes.

What is YOUR story?  

Is anyone brave enough to answer? Don’t leave me out on a limb ;) 




**This article was taken from Marc and Angel Hack Life : www.marcandangel.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment