Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2012 in Review

I started my journey to better my photography skills on March 8th, 2012. I think I have become better to an extent. I know I still have a lot to learn. I haven't read any photography books.  I am a hands-on learner so reading them and trying to put it into practice feels like a foreign language. I have read a few articles online, but mostly I just go out and shoot. 

What I’ve learned this year; lighting matters, a lot. I’ve learned to watch for certain things such as the lighting/shadows, and checking what is in the background of your shot. Doing this blog has really opened my eyes to the beauty that is around me.
What I still need to learn; ISO, shooting darker scenes, get more intimate with my camera.

I know I acquired a new camera along the way but I still think my skills got a tiny bit better. I need to practice with people now.
 
my very 1st shot for the blog
 
Some of my favorites from the year. I wish I still was able to get to D.C. and take some better shots of what I have and to get some great shots now that my photographer eye has been opened.

1st photoshoot

Spring


Cherry Blossom Post




 



Sunrise on Lake Wissota

 
Eagle River, MI





RR tracks at sunset


Sunset on Lake Wissota





Reflections on the water




Fence


Also on my "journey" I started an Etsy shop. I've had a few purchases & one project (that I'll share soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment