Friday, March 8, 2013

Year in Review

It has been 1 year since I first started this blog. Here is the 1st entry.

Exposed 2012  My 2nd entry I took a picture of just me, bare (no makeup), so I'll do it again this year.


Age 31 March 2012 (CanonPowershot)

Age 32 March 2013 (Nikon D70)
 The Nikon takes much crispier photos, I can't get away with many facial flaws on that :-P

What I learned in the past year,
  •  I used to think that maybe food/catering was my passion, until I went back to work in December. I then realized that it is not a passion of mine, I enjoy it, I love to make food look nice but it is not a passion of mine like photography is. I feel at peace taking pictures, I don't want it to end when I do it. I hate that I haven't been doing it as much lately and I only have myself to blame. This 1st winter back in the Midwest in 5 years is taking a toll on me, it's been too cold. Now that it is finally warming up I'm going to make a serious effort to take more photos.
  • Rule of Thirds
  • Depth of Field
  • Ways to shoot better, looking at positioning, etc.
  • I need to network, promote and advertise more
  • And most importantly, do not leave my camera out of my site! Although I now have a much better camera  thanks to a very giving relative. I will not be leaving this one unattended while out of the house.
My favorite shoots from the last year,
My photography project I did was by far the most fun, from start to finish. My other favorite shoots were Cherry Blossoms (taken w/ the powershot), and the Devil's Punchbowl outing (Part 1 & Part 2).
I am so very much looking forward to Spring & Summer. With more daylight and warmer weather I should be able to get out more often. Plus, summer means roadtrips!
I'm planning on revamping my Etsy Shop and  promoting it more. I'm planning on doing another photo giveaway soon as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment